Having an autistic child is not the end of the world--far from it. It is my hope that through this blog, at least a handful of people will get to understand that. My child is amazing, she brings us tremendous joy. We have good days & bad days, but we CHOOSE to focus on the good. Our belief is that by loving our daughter, giving her the most comfortable environment we can, and by most of all accepting her differences, she will continue to blossom--in her OWN way.

3/4/08

Chain of Events: The "Concession Case," Kirby on Imus, and More...

PhotobucketHmm...been a busy morning. Can't wait to see what the afternoon brings.

Well, the media is getting a hold of the "concession case," of which I hate to even refer to it as such. The mito-vaccine case would be more apropos, however no one would know what I was talking about. it's been neatly spun to be the "government admits vaccines cause autism" case. Here is the link to the fair and balance (that would be sarcasm!) report on this case:
http://www.newsmax.com/health/vaccines_cause_autism/2008/03/03/77315.html

The celebration continues for Kirby and others. He was on Imus, want a brief summary?

K: It's like Groundhog Day, talking about the same thing over and over, and never getting anywhere. We know what's really going on. Heck, even John McCain knows what's up.
I: I've got my own suspicions.
K: The government conceded, it was proven that vaccines gave this girl full-blown autism.
I: Is there any scientific evidence?
K: Well, there are studies, and if you mash them all together, in a certain way, on could possibly create some sort of link. I understand why people would think this was all made up. Vaccines, vaccines, mito, mito, government conspiracy...
I: David Kirby on Imus, trying to convince many to jump off a roof.
K: People think we're crazy.
I: Yes, mostly they think you and my wife are crazy.
K: They need to read the studies we read. It's all a government conspiracy, man!
I: What did the vaccine court decide?
K: This child had mito which was aggravated by vaccines.
I: Okay, we're outta time! Thanks, pal, kiss, kiss.

The transcript is available online (no links from my blog to this one, thanks!), if you are curious. It's quite humorous at times.

Anyway, that led me to a message board somewhere, that was chatting about all this. Some people, thankfully, had insightful things to say, regarding the mito-vaccine, I mean "concession" case. Some were excited about a supposed upcoming press conference with this girl's family and more media coverage on this. They celebrated that this was about to "blow up" and that whoever has been lying this whole time better head South. There was some mito chat as well. And then, someone asked about Lyme Disease, and how studies have shown it to be the cause of autism. Apparently the board was aflutter over that cause before the "concession."

All of this made my head spin, which led to my ranting below.

No comments:

Photobucket